Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Weapon of Choice - Minolta

This past week I have added to my Minolta SLR collection. I bought a Minolta SRT-201 camera with a 50mm lens and just today i bout a 100mm Macro lens with 1:1 ratio :D im uber excited about that one.

Now you may be saying, "Why would he need two cameras?" Well let me tell you :)

1. I can now have 2 different films speeds at once instead of having to wait to use a roll. So i can use one camera for day and the other for night.

2. Less lens changing. I could have a wide or a long lens at the same time with out having to change lenses so much.

3. twice as many shots without having to reload.

plus the viewfinder in the 201 is slightly better and easier to see through, which is nice.

Well here is a look at the additions to the collection.



AND here is the whole collection. 6 lenses 2 cameras.



from left to right.

75-260mm
100mm Macro
135mm
55mm
SRT-101 w/ 28mm lens
SRT-201 w/ 50mm lens

My next addition will most likely be a 17mm rectilinear lens. Which means it doesnt bend the image like a fisheye. but that wont be for a while.

p.s. im still working on getting more good shots for future the website, its coming along but slowly.

3 comments:

lorwalz said...

Hey Lenny my name is Lor. I've been looking around for someone to do my head shot for my Theatre Resume. I need to learn the exact specifications as to what it needs to be but I was wondering if you would be able to, or if you knew someone who could, help me out with taking it :)

SK said...

Hi. I was curious where and roughly how much those Minolta lenses were for your camera. I have a STS 101 that I just refurbished from my closet. Any advice would be really helpful

SK said...

Hi. I was curious where and roughly how much those Minolta lenses were for your camera. I have a STS 101 that I just refurbished from my closet. Any advice would be really helpful

The publisher/owner of this website, Lenny Walsh, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.